Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Month 4. Beginning to breath!

Well, Jacob is 4 months.. and.. He gets cuter every day. My wife surprised me with a 3 night cruise for my birthday, and we left, excited. Jacob stayed at Nana's house. We were both excited and sad to have 3 nights alone where we could just hang out.. but.. each night, going to bed, we agreed.. We missed him so much. I dont think Rachael could have handled another night.. It was a great birthday present.

He's starting to talk the baby-talk alot now. Here are some words we've learned.

woooooooooooooooh: (loud)
Means 'Do it again, that was funny'

OOOoooohhhhaaak: (Low volume)
This means 'I would like a Hot Pocket, please. Well done, ham and cheese if you have it. If not, pepperoni is always good'. He actually was saying this at 3 months, but we hadn't fully grasped the language yet.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEyahh: (loud)
This one was easy, it means 'I know kung fu'. Jacob can kick in his chair so loud you can feel the vibration on the other side of the house.

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm: (very soft)
This means 'Turn that Dr Phil crap off the TV and put on Star Trek. Rachael doesn't believe me but I'm standing fast on this one.

aaaaaHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr: (medium volume)
We're still working on translating this, but we have it narrowed down to 3 things. 1) 'I'm a pirate and I'm looking for burried treasure'. 2) 'I'm a pirate and I want a hot pocket'. or 3) 'I'm a pirate and I have burried treasure in my diaper.' We're thinking it's 3.

reH nay'meylIjyIn Dujablu'jaj: (loud)
This one confused me for a while, until I searched google. It means 'May your dishes always be served alive' in klingon. Go figure.
We're still working on the rest

Also, he has some pet names from the family.

Rachael has calles him 'stinky' most of the time. I've heard her call him pookie too, but that was one of my old names so I'm not giving her credit for it.

Nana and Papa call him Little Mikey

I call him Gangalor, destroyer of the universe (which Rachael isn't too find of), buddy, Jake, and Peter Rabbit (which is what my mom called me when I was very young)

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

very funny translation bit
keep it up

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home